Suitable for educators across the age ranges, this short course provides you with an overview of SMSC and the importance of SMSC in our schools. It is certified as three hours of CPD.
By the end of the course you will have:
- Explored what SMSC is and why it’s important;
- Considered how SMSC can be embedded throughout your school;
- Look at how SMSC can support fundamental British values, character education and help to build cultural capital;
- Gained an understanding what Ofsted says about SMSC and the value the new framework places on this;
- Looked at practical ways you can support your school to develop and maintain outstanding SMSC provision.
Victoria manages the SMSC Quality Mark, which helps schools improve the quality of their SMSC provision. She also provides advice and guidance to schools around SMSC. Victoria has been involved in education since 2002, starting out as an English language teacher in Spain and moving on to become a primary teacher in Kent. Victoria has been a member of Young Citizens since 2010.
Victoria is dedicated to supporting teachers in planning and providing SMSC enriched lessons that invigorate both the learner and teacher and enable a well balanced effective curriculum that nourishes, prepares and encourages every child, giving them a greater understanding of what it means to be a member of both their local and global communities now and in the future.