FREE Training: Introduction to Social Action for Primary Teachers course
If you have already completed our FREE one hour CPD certified training course called Introduction to Social Action for Primary Teachers then there's no need to read the rest of this page.
However, if you're new to social action, or just looking for a refresher on the topic, then we recommend taking this course alongside the Make a Difference Challenge Teacher Training.
Thanks to a grant from the Pears #iwill Fund, this online training course on the importance of social action and how to introduce the topic to children, is now available to primary teachers for FREE.
The materials in this bite-size one hour course are designed to lead you to key learning points about what social action is, and the value of running such projects with primary aged children. Like the Make a Difference Challenge Teacher Training course, this is done through a mixture of text to read and digest, answering questions about video clips, completing quizzes and watching presentations. There are also handouts on key points and copies of presentations which you can download and use again later.
The course objectives are to:
• Introduce teachers to the concept of facilitating social action in primary schools
• Explore the triple benefit of social action: to the child, to the school, to the community.
• Explore different types of social action.
• Explore what makes an effective social action project for primary school aged children.
• Share good practice examples of social action taking place in primary schools.
• Introduce the Young Citizens Make a Difference Challenge programme as a framework for primary school social action.
• Lecture 1: What is social action?
• Lecture 2: Who benefits from social action projects running in primary schools?
• Lecture 3: What makes an effective social action project? Sharing good practice.
• Lecture 4: A structure for your social action projects: Young Citizens Make a Difference Challenge.
• Lecture 5: Test what you've learnt.
• Lecture 6: What will do you with your learning?
To register onto this FREE training please visit the Young Citizens website.